Monday, October 09, 2006

Having left Poland

It might come as a surprise to some of you - but I've left Poland. I left it almost as soon as I'd made it back from Switzerland. 'What happened?' you might wonder. Well, I had actually planned to return to spend the majority of my time in the UK at the end of November. Life in Warsaw was already a psychological struggle but certain events during the trip to Switzerland tipped the balance, making it clear that it was really high time to go, immediately.

But there's no finality here. I shall be returning to Warsaw fairly often. I shall miss filming the beauty of the Polish autumn, but I hope to be back in time for my other love - the snow.

Was I too soft for Warsaw? No, I just wasn't willing to become harder. How Kieslowski (as a Warsaw boy) ever managed to make the deeply humanistic films he did seems a miracle to me. But then again he spent most of his life under Polish Communism and not Polish Capitalism.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

oh! what happened?

10/10/06 4:12 pm  
Blogger Warsaw Crow said...

I can't really go into it. Just remember not to knowingly put your life in the hands of anyone who's been submerged too deeply in the shark-eat-shark waters of Polish corporate finance.

11/10/06 1:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think life under comunism in Poland was easier? How naive can you be?

19/12/06 12:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home