Saturday, July 29, 2006

Warsaw Burns 4pm

On most days the city (and its roads) are a battleground of human destruction and survival but today men with guns will be spilling out onto the streets. OK, so that isn't unusual either but don't rush for your knuckledusters just yet - it isn't another 'Polski Hool' [hooligan] football deathmatch but rather a historical reconstruction of Warsaw's failed August uprising of 1944.

My inside man tells me the battle begins at 4pm with 'some' fighting expected in the streets near the Fort Legionów. The hastily forged map he provided me with gives you a better idea.

See you there comrades.

[UPDATE: Read what happened here]

2 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

I really wanted to go to that - how was it?

1/8/06 8:32 am  
Blogger Warsaw Crow said...

I was surprised how pretty darn sensational it was. I'm all ready to post a full report and a video clip that will drop you into the heart of the action...

...but I sustained an injury to my 'clicking hand' (gasp!) so it may take me a day or so.

1/8/06 8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home